- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
Chiropractic is not just about “Bad Backs”.
Spinal Subluxations can best be described as specific sites of spinal malfunction leading to irritation of the body’s central computer, the nervous system. The end result of this is separation from wholeness and an inability to experience wellbeing.
Only “vertebrates” have an opiate receptor Brain Reward Cascade chemical mechanism which allows them to experience a state of wellbeing.
In simpler terms, there is a series of chemical reactions that occur in your nervous system, which when working properly, result in you thinking “I FEEL GOOD, LIKE YOU KNOW THAT I SHOULD NOW…”
The common denominator is the spine and spinal cord.
If the spine is allowed to express itself without interference (free of subluxations) the person can express full potential. If the nervous system “feels good”, then usually the rest of the body “works well”.
Research published in one of the most respected psychiatry journals showed dramatically increased success in reducing anxiety and depression levels, and improved measurements of wellbeing, when Torque Release Technique (“TRT”) Chiropractic Adjustments were received.
TRT is the most up-to-date chiropractic technique available. It has been designed as part of scientific research into the health benefits of chiropractic. As such it is a mixture of the ”best-of-the-best” systems of chiropractic assessment and treatment.
TRT helps to locate and reduce Subluxations.
What is involved with a TRT Adjustment?
Dr. Fullarton will be checking your spinal column for areas where the nervous system is being damaged by Subluxation and will deliver an adjustment using the Integrator instrument: This sounds like a staple gun and will feel like a quick impulse into the muscles of your spinal column.
This reproduces what the hands were intended to do with much more specificity and less force than ever possible by hand. The advantage of the Integrator is that it can deliver a specific frequency into the nerve endings of the spinal column, exactly where nerve function has become “facilitated” (irritated).
A “jump start” for your body’s “electrical system”.
As such this is not so much a technique to manually stretch or realign your body. It is a technique to stimulate your nervous system in such a way that it will release and reduce tension, assisting your body to self-correct.
The Integrator instrument was purpose designed and built to reproduce what the hands intend to achieve during a Chiropractic Adjustment. Originally it was manufactured for use in scientific research and when the dramatic health benefits were measured overwhelming demand lead to its use in private practice.
The attributes that make an Integrator adjustment something special and powerful are:
1) PRECISE: When using an Integrator we can pinpoint the exact point on the spine that requires adjustment of nerve function.
2) SPECIFIC: The force, frequency of energy, torque, speed and thrust provided by the Integrator have all been tailor-made to deliver the perfect amount of energy to help normalize nerve function.
3) GENTLE: An Integrator adjustment can be delivered with the spine in a perfectly relaxed position with a controlled amount of force.
4) FAST: The incredibly fast but shallow impulse is one of the secrets to the effectiveness of this adjustment and the reason for it being so gentle.
5) RECOIL: Another of the secret ingredients built into the Integrator is recoil: This bounce in the impulse increases the body’s nerve system response.
6) TORQUE: Subatomic particles, atoms, muscles, and human bodies all move in three dimensions: The three-dimensional impulse of the Integrator maximizes the effectiveness on the human body.
7) EFFECTIVE: The benefits of Integrator adjustments have been measured by scientific research and this research has been published in major peer-reviewed medical journals.
8) RELIABLE: The way that the Integrator delivers an adjustment is very consistent and reliable so that the right amount of force and energy is transmitted on each and every adjustment.
9) CONSISTENT: The assessment, examination and adjustments that are used in TRT are standardized which means that several practitioners using the same method can deliver the same results and experience.
10) RECOGNIZED: The Integrator is patented for the correction of Subluxations, is registered with an FDA 510k, and holds a CE license.